Organization and management quiz 22
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the six traditional training methods identified?
- 1) On-the-job
- 2) Job rotation
- 3) Mentoring and coaching
- 4) Experimental exercises
- 5) Workbooks/manuals
- 6) Classroom lectures
What are the three technology-based training methods identified?
- 1) CD-ROM/DVD/videotapes/audiotapes/podcasts
- 2) Videoconferencing/teleconferencing/satellite
- 3) E-learning
What are the 7 identified performance appraisal methods? (Ref. Ex. 12-10)
- 1) Written essay
- 2) Critical incident
- 3) Graphic rating scale
- 4) BARS (Behaviorally Anchored Rating Scale)
- 5) Multiperson comparison
- 6) MBO
- 7) 360-degree appraisal
What are the 9 identified factors determine pay and benefits? (Ref. Ex. 12-11)
- 1) Employee’s tenure and performance
- 2) Kind of job performed
- 3) Kind of business
- 4) Unionization
- 5) Labor or capital intensive
- 6) Management philosophy
- 7) Geographical location
- 8) Company profitability
- 9) Size of company
What is skill-based pay?
A pay system that rewards employees for job skills they can demonstrate
What is variable pay?
A pay system in which an individual's compensation is contingent on performance
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview