Anatomy 231 upper limb/arm: Origin Insertion and Action
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- - Long head: Infraglenoid tubercle of scapula
- - Lateral head: Posterior shaft of humerus.
- - Medial head: Posterior humeral shaft distal to radial groove.
- Insertion= By common tendon into olecranon process of ulna.
- Action= Forearm extensor. Prime mover, particularly medial head. antagonist of forearm flexors; Long & lateral head: extension against resistance; Long head tendon: arm adduction.
- - Short head: Coracoid process.
- - Long head: Supraglenoid tubercle and lip of glenoid cavity.
- Insertion= By common tendon into radial tuberosity.
- Action= Flexes elbow joint and supinates forearm
- Origin= Front of distal humerus; embraces insertion of deltoid muscle.
- Insertion= Coronoid process of ulna and capsule of elbow joint.
- Action= forearm flexor.
Flexor Carpi Radialis
- origin= Medial epicoldyle of humerus
- Insertion= Base of second and third metacarpals
- Action= Flexor of wrist. Abducts hand. Weak synergist of elbow flexion.
Flexor Carpi Ulnaris
- Origin= Medial epicondyle of humerus; olecranon process and surface of ulna
- Insertion= Pisiform and hamate bones and base of fifth metacarpal.
- Action= Flexor of wrist; also adducts hand
Flexor Digitorum superficialis
- Origin= Medial epicondyle of humerus, coronoid process of ulna; shaft of radius.
- Insertion= Bu four tendons into middle phalanges of fingers 2-5.
- Action= Flexes wrist and middle phalanges 2-5.
Flexor pollicis longus
- Origin= Anterior surface of radius and interosseous membrane.
- Insertion= Distal Phalanx of thumb.
- Action= Flexes distal phalanx of thumb.
Extensor Carpi Radialis Longus
- Origin= Lateral supracondylar ridge of humerus.
- Insertion= Base of second metacarpal.
- Action= Extend wrist with extensor carpi ulnaris and abducts wrist with flexor carpi raialis.
- Origin= Lateral epicondyle of humerus
- Insertion= By four tendons into extensor expansions and distal phalanges of fingers 2-5.
- Action= Finger extensor; extends wrist; abduct fingers
Extensor carpi ulnaris
- Origin= lateral epicondyle of humerus and posterior border of ulna.
- Insertion= Base of fifth metacarpal.
- Action= Extends wrist with extensor carpi radialis, adducts wrist with flexor carpi ulnaris.
Extensor pollicis longus
- Origin= Dorsal shaft of radius and ulna; interosseous membrane.
- Insertion= base of proximal and and distal phalanx of thumb.
- Action= Extends thumb.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview