The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How does the mandibular second deciduous incisor compare to the permanent one and the first deciduous one?
- This is a bulbous tooth that resembles its permanent successor.
- It is wider than the mandibular first deciduous incisor and is asymmetric.
What are the mesioincisal and distoincisal angles like for the mandibular second deciduous incisor?
- The mesiosincisal angle is more obtuse and rounded than that of the mandibular first deciduos incisor and the incisla margin slopes downward distally.
- Should the distoincisal angle be markedly rounded then the tooth may be diffficult to distinguish from a maxillary second deciduous incisor.
What is the the root like for the mandibular second deciduous incisor?
- Unlike the permanent tooth, the root is rounded.
- When complete, it is longer than the root of the mandibular first deciduous incisor.