- nComputer hardware – Physical components of information systems (e.g., servers,
- terminals, computer chips)
- nNetworks – Links two or more computers or devices together so that they can share
- information and/or workloads
- nComputer software – Includes operating system software, utility software database
- management systems, application and firewall software.
nDatabase – Large repository of data, typically contained in many linked files and stored in a manner that allows the data to be easily accessed, retrieved, and manipulated.
- nInformation – Information systems collect and store data, transform the data into useful
- information, and provide the information to internal and external decision makers.
nPeople – There are several information systems roles that exists and can include the CIO, a database administrator, system developers, and data processing personnel