The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
slope of line
= y2-y1 / x2- x1
y = m (slope) x + b (y intercept)
horizontal lines have a slope of
have an undefined slope
lines are perpendicular is the product of their _____ equals _____
product of thier slope equals -1.
x1 +x2/2, y1+y2/2
+ bx + c
- b= position relative to y-axis
- x= y intercept
the a term or a parabolas
- a positive a term indicated the parabola opens up
- a negative term indicated the parabola opens down
the y intercept of a parabola
- from a grapth you can see it,
- from and equation you can identify the c term.
the x intercepts
- from a graph you can spot them
- from an equation you set the equation equal to zero and solve for x.
the b term
create a small chart of corresponding x and y values ... the effect of b term will be apparent from the shift of the parabola, since an equation without a b term is always symeetrical about the y axis.
equations in the form x=ay2 + by +c = horizontal parabola.