Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
In computing, the kernel is a computer program that manages input/output requests from software, and translates them into data processing instructions for the central processing unit and other electronic components of a computer
The key-value database that contains settings for the hardware and software in the PC it is installed.
GUI / Shell that is used to access most system resources
Process Identifier - Completely unique identifier number that is assigned to each program that is executed
A piece of software that will let the harware talk and work with the OS
A platform that gives video and audio a direct access point to the hardware
Non Uniform Memory Access
Addressable memory that exists outside of the RAM. (Applications cannot use the swap file)
- Volume Shadows copy Service.
- -A block level backup utility
- -Allows you to have greater flexibility when restoring
- -It puts file data into protected directories that you cannot see
5 Thinks Task Manager can do.
- -End Processes
- -Start / Stop Services
- -View logged in users
- -Performance Monitoring
- -Execute a program
Microsoft Management Console- A platform in which you can access .MSC applets.
A software firewall that is built into the OS.
- Windows Over Windows
- Adds Backwards Compatibility for Windows Applications
Database that separates, points to where data resides on the drives File system is a method for storing and organizing computer files and the data they contain to make it easy to find and access them.
Block Level Storage
- Raw storage volume, OS sees it as if it was directly connected drive
- (SAN) presents block level storage
Lets your edit the registry values
Sets programs to start at boot
- Microsoft Terminal Services Client,
- Basic RDP Command
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview