Verbs Vebals Principal Parts Verb Tense Voice
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What two things must a verb have?
Two types of action verbs?
- 1. Transitive
- 2. Intranssative
verb that has a receiver for the action
"The batter hit the ball" ball receives the action.
How do you recognize a verbal?
- 1. Verbal functions as a noun, adj. or adv.
- 2. Generally does not have a subject.
Name 3 types of verbals?
- 1. participle
- 2. gerund
- 3. infinitive
- used as an adj.
- modifies noun or pronoun
- Present: -ing
- Past: -d, -ed, -t, -en
- Used as a noun
- Always ends -ing
- 1. to + verb
- 2. Used as noun, adj., or adv.
Name the 4 principal parts.
- present participle
- past participle
What is always used with a past participle?
present of verb
will or shall + present tense
- will or shall + verb -ing
- I shall be seeing, ...
present perfect tense:
- **You have to be perfect***
- have or has + past participle
past perfect tense:
had + past participle
future perfect tense:
will have or shall have + past participle
verb is active voice if subject is doing the action
- 1.verb is passive voice if the subject is receiving the action2. verb must always contain
- being + past participle3. can sometimes use a helping also
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview