CS 601 - Web Application Development
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a favicon?
- A Custom icon displayed to the left of a URL. Typically you include two attributes:
- The rel attribute indicates the relationship of the link to the document.
- The href attribute provides the URL of the resource.
The Head element contains how many meta elements?
- meta charset - specifies the type of character encoding (UTF-8 is the common).
- meta name="description" - content of the webpage
- meta name ="keywords" - list of keywords
Block elements consist of:
- Heading and paragraphs
- they are the main building blocks of a web site and can contain other elements.
- h1 (level-1 heading), h2...h6, p (paragraph).
An inline element is:
coded within a block and doesn't begin on a new line.
The inline elements for formatting text are:
- i = italics
- b = bold
- sub = subscript
- sup = superscript
- br = start a new line (doesn't need a closing)
the inline elements for identifying content are:
- abbr = abbreviations
- cite = citations
- code = computer code
- dfn = definitions
- em = emphasized
- kbd = keyboard entries
- q = quotations
- samp = characters that have no meaning(sample)
- strong = should be emphasized.
- var = computer variables
HTML Semantic Elements:
What is an absolute URL?
- The complete URL including the domain name for the site.
- Absolute URL's let you display pages at other web sites.
What is a relative URL?
Is used to refer to a file in the current website.
What is the <a> element?
What is the basic attribute of that element?
- <a> = anchor
- Usually followed by href (specifies a relative or absolute URL for a link).
There are two basic types of lists - ordered and unordered. How do you code them?
- <ul> - creates an unordered list.
- <ol> - creates an ordered list.
- <li> - creates a list item for either list
How do you insert an image?
What are some properties of inserting an image>
- This is an empty tag (it does not need to be closed)
- src - URL of the image
- alt - alternative text to display if the image cannot be displayed. It is read aloud by screen readers for users with disabilities. It is required.
- height - height of the image in pixels
- Width - width of the image in pixels.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview