1) "It is not being presented for any improper purpose, such as to harass, cause unnecessary delay, or needlessly increase the cost of litigation" (subjective, what party was thinking)
2-4) Objective unreasonableness; even if subjective good faith, does not save you from discretionary
- 2) "Claims, defenses, and other legal contentions are warranted by existing law"
- CASE: Frantz; problems of evidentiary support and wrongly accusing Cotter (warranted by existing law, 2&3), no reasonable inquiry into the law; each claim must have sufficient support under 11
3) "factual contentions have evidentiary support or will likely have evidentiary support after a reasonable opportunity for further investigation or discovery"
4) "Denials of factual contentions are warranted on the evidence..."