Genetics Test 2 ch17
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Double-Strand Breaks (DSB)
- Bad ----> Most deleterious types of mutations.
- non-homologous end joining
- May fill in w/ polymerase Ligate
- *From a cell's perspective better to have a small deletion than (DSB)
- initiation chromosomal rearrangement
- *NHEJ can happend @ any stage in cell cycle
- Homologous Recombination Repair
- -more complex than NHEJ needs a homolous sequence (sister chromatids)
- - uses sister chromatids to repair DSB
- *Usually error-free
- - Common during S and G2
- 1. Meiosis, necessary fir segregation of chromosomes.
- 2. Promotes genetic diversity
- 3. Help repair DNA
HRR non-recombinate result
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview