Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
time, place, and manner clause
- delegates control of elections to the state
- local meeting where registered members of a
- political party meet to select delegates who represent presidential delegates
- form of fundraising where individuals persuade
- others to donate large amounts that are then delivered to a candidate or campaign
- organization of at least 50 people connected
- with an interest group, permitted to make contributions to candidates for
- federal office
- organizations allowed to raise and spend
- unlimited amounts of money to promote a candidate or publicize a cause
organizations allowed to raise and spend unlimited amounts for “issue advocacy”—but forbidden to mention a candidate.
- the date on the primary calendar when multiple
- states hold primaries and caucuses.
- the candidate receiving a simple majority
- receives all electoral votes or primary delegates
boost in the polls that follows an event
- allocating delegates based on the proportion of
- the vote a candidate wins
- tendency for members of Congress to win
- reelection in overwhelming numbers.
- national elections held between presidential
party in power draws the lines to help itself.
- dramatic election that realigns the political
- system by changing the relative strength of the two parties and has consequences for future elections
- individual candidates decide their own strategy
- as opposed to party systems
reaches hundreds at once through advertisement
a seat in Congress without an incumbent running for reelection
an automated telephone call that delivers a recorded message
Team sent to prepare the transition
attracting supporters through small meetings
an advantage possessed by a well-known political figure
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview