Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the two classes of tapeworm? How do they differ? Which spp are in each?
- Pseudophyllidea: D. latumscolex has bothria (grooves)
- vitellaria scattered throughout segment
- numerous testes
- 1st intermediate host = crustacean
- 2nd intermediate host = fish
- uterus opens to a pore, eggs are shed continuously
- shelled eggs w/ operculum
- Cyclophyllidea: T. solium, T. saginata, H. nana, H. diminuta, D. caninum
- Eggs accumulate in uterus
- Retains terminal proglottids
- releases long chains of "spent" proglottids simultaneously
What is human cysticercosis?
- Human infection with the cysticercus of T. solium
- caused after proglottid bursts and cysticercus is released in
Give an example of hyperparasitism
flea (which is a parasite) carries cysticercoid of D. caninum
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview