Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A stimulus that follows a behavior and increases or strengthens that behavior.
Name 4 thing that determine the effectiveness of a reinforcer:
- Value of reinforcer
- How often you reinforce
- The difficulty of the behavior for the child
Name 6 types of reinforcers:
- Social Play
- Toys / Preferred objects
Name the 5 schedules of reinforcement and briefly describe them:
Fixed ratio schedule - Every_____ response is rewarded
Variable ratio schedule - Responses are rewarded randomly
Fixed interval schedule - Responses are rewarded after fixed amount of time
Variable interval schedule - Responses are rewarded after a set time. The set amount of time changes randomly.
Extinction - A previously reinforced behavior that is no longer reinforced .
What are 4 thing that help praise be most efective:
- - look at the child's face
- - smile
- - be genuine in your praise (tone of voice)
- - use a variety of praise statements
Name 3 things that may happen if your Reinforcement is ineffective:
- - The student will misbehave
- - The student will not learn new skills
- - The student won't pay attention
- - The student will not like working with you
- - Self Stimulatory behavior will increase
What is behavioral bribery:
Offering a positive stimulus after a negative behavior to entice the child to behave well. (immediately following the BAD behavior)
Why is behavioral bribery wrong:
Strengthens the bad behavior you are trying to eliminate
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview