Lecture: chp 19
The flashcards below were created by user
Which heart pump receives rich oxygenated blood and poor oxygenated blood?
: poor blood
: rich blood
What CT surrounds the heart?
a dense CT sac called: Fibrous Pericardium
This CT is inside the heart and also lines blood vessels.
This is a thick wall of the heart that does the work; cardiac muscle cells arranged in bundles that spirals around the heart.
This visceral CT covers the surface of the heart
T or F: the heart muscle is fast oxidative muscle fiber
false: slow oxidative muscle fiber
What are the 2 types of cardiac myocytes?
This myocyte is 99 of the heart and it contracts and pumps the blood.
This myocyte is 1% of the heart. it can generate a rythm of the heart.
What are the 2 groups of the autorythmic/conducting cells?
These cells are found in areas called the sinoatrial node (SA NODE) or atrioventricular node (AV NODE)
These specialized conducting cells: fewer myofilaments and large diameter
Describe the parasympathetic conduction pathway
1. SA NODE generates an impulse
2. Impulse travels along cardiac myocytes in atria - atria contracts
3. Impulse is delayed for a fraction of a second at AV node
4. Impulse travels down the atrioventricular bundle (bundle of his) inside the interventricular septum
5. It then splits into left and right bundle branches
6. Purkinje fibers @ apex of heart and travels superiorly into the ventricle walls
What are the 3 functions of the cardiac skeleton? (3 parts)
1. Provides structural support for the heart
2. It anchorcs the myocytes by giving them something to pull against
3. it serves as electrical insulation between atria and ventricles
What is systole and diastole?
: heart contraction
: heart relaxes
What is the intrinsic HR?
100bpm - it is the range for the SA node
How is the heart slowed down?
The parasympathetic NS (X - vagus nerve) slows it down to the resting HR (70-80bpm)
Open or closed?
If normal BP of a person is greater than 120/80, it can lead to this ______ (growing of the heart)
Lecture: chp 19
Lecture notes only