Lecture: chp 19
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Which heart pump receives rich oxygenated blood and poor oxygenated blood?
- Pump 1: poor blood
- Pump 2: rich blood
What CT surrounds the heart?
a dense CT sac called: Fibrous Pericardium
This CT is inside the heart and also lines blood vessels.
This is a thick wall of the heart that does the work; cardiac muscle cells arranged in bundles that spirals around the heart.
This visceral CT covers the surface of the heart
T or F: the heart muscle is fast oxidative muscle fiber
false: slow oxidative muscle fiber
What are the 2 types of cardiac myocytes?
- contractyle cells
- autorythic/conducting cells
This myocyte is 99 of the heart and it contracts and pumps the blood.
This myocyte is 1% of the heart. it can generate a rythm of the heart.
What are the 2 groups of the autorythmic/conducting cells?
- Pacemaker cells
- conduction fibers
These cells are found in areas called the sinoatrial node (SA NODE) or atrioventricular node (AV NODE)
These specialized conducting cells: fewer myofilaments and large diameter
Describe the parasympathetic conduction pathway
- 1. SA NODE generates an impulse
- 2. Impulse travels along cardiac myocytes in atria - atria contracts
- 3. Impulse is delayed for a fraction of a second at AV node
- 4. Impulse travels down the atrioventricular bundle (bundle of his) inside the interventricular septum
- 5. It then splits into left and right bundle branches
- 6. Purkinje fibers @ apex of heart and travels superiorly into the ventricle walls
What are the 3 functions of the cardiac skeleton? (3 parts)
- 1. Provides structural support for the heart
- 2. It anchorcs the myocytes by giving them something to pull against
- 3. it serves as electrical insulation between atria and ventricles
What is systole and diastole?
- Systole: heart contraction
- diastole: heart relaxes
What is the intrinsic HR?
100bpm - it is the range for the SA node
How is the heart slowed down?
The parasympathetic NS (X - vagus nerve) slows it down to the resting HR (70-80bpm)
Open or closed?
If normal BP of a person is greater than 120/80, it can lead to this ______ (growing of the heart)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview