LECT 4 Part 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
function of the autonomic nervous system?
to control the automatic functions of the body
function of sympathetic?
readies the body for action
function of parasympathetic?
conserves energy and maintains homeostatsis
the balanced input of sympathetic and parasympathetic simulation
- short preganglioinc, long postganglionic
- all end-organ receptors employ second messengers, post ganglionic neurotransmitter is norepinephrine
- long preganglionic, short postganglionic
- only neurotransmitter is acetylcholine
describe the sympathetic chain?
a chain of ganglin lying alongside the bodies of the vertebral column
- nicotinic (ligated gated, fast)
role of the hypothalamus?
it issues the commands to the autonomic system
phasic sensory receoptors?
phasic receptors deliver a fast burst of action potentials, then slow down and stop
tonic sensory receptors?
tonic receptors generate action potentials more steadily and last longer (adapt more slowly)
neurotransmitters related to opium that block pain signals
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview