The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
pupillary light reflex?
causes the pupil to construct when light is shined into it
consensual light reflex?
bright light shined into one eye causes constriction of the pupil of the other eye. indicates an intact brainstem
which eye structure allows accommodation?
lens, becomes more rounded
purpose of the pigment in the back of the eye?
absorb excess light
- sensitive to very low light
- do not distinguish colors
- found mostly in the periphery of the retina
- many rods synapse of one bipolar cell
- require ample light
- distinguish colors
- found in the central retina
- very few (usually one) synapse on the bipolar cell
the ability to see in three dimensions- the result of having over-lapping visual fields
what cranial nerves carry parasympathetic fibers?
III, VII, IX, X
what receptor is found on skeletal muscle on neuron muscle junction?
what endocrine gland is party of the sympathetic nervous system?
what is the 1st ear bone?
cornea reflect light?
what structure in the eye dilates pupil and restricts?