The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1.a low, vibrating, humming sound, as of bees, machinery, or people talking.
- 2.a rumor or report.
- move quickly or busily."she buzzed along the highway back into town"
- prove more powerful than opposing forces; be victorious."it is hard for logic to prevail over emotion
- persuade (someone) to do something."she was prevailed upon to give an account of her work"
- to be widespread or current; exist everywhere or generally:
a piece of unexpected good fortune, typically one that involves receiving a large amount of money
travel across or through."he traversed the forest"
- savagely fierce, cruel, or violent."the wolverine is nature's most ferocious and violent animal
- extreme and unpleasant."a ferocious headache"
- having a firm basis in reality and therefore important, meaningful, or considerable."there is no substantive evidence for the efficacy of these drugs"
- 2.having a separate and independent existence.