Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
to expend sth on (in) sth/sb/doing sth
(form) to use time, energy, money etc doing something EX: We've already expended too much energy on this project
to yield sth
to produce something useful such as information or evidence EX: Knowing about our past does not automatically yield solutions to our current problems.
EX: The search for truth is beginning to yield fruitful results.
каменоломня, карьер; добывать (камень)
- to admit that something is true
- EX: Myers was forced to concede that competition had badly affected profits.
- - (form) noticed or heard but then ignored
- - (form) to pay close attention to sth/sb (often warnings) EX: The danger signs were there, but we didn't heed the warning.
to levy /ˈlɛvɪ/
levy (levies) (N)
- - to use official authority to demand and collect a payment (a tax, tariff, fine, etc) - взимать.ю облагать
- - the act of imposing and collecting a tax, tariff, etc (to put/impose a levy on oil imports)
to make a person or country very poor EX: The incompetent military leadership had impoverished a once prosperous country.
to think about intently and at length; consider calmly (from Latin ‘templum’- ‘place for observation’)
an arched structure that forms a roof or ceiling - свод (wine V. – винный погреб; bank V. – банковское хранилище)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview