BV 2 - EF
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are key notes when diagnosis EF?
- central/eccentric fixation
- which eye
What is EF?
- incorrect visual direction
- assoc with strabs amb>aniso
What are some of the features of unstable fixation?
- saccadic intrusions and increase in drifts
- lots of over and undershoots
- jerky pursuits
- fixation is more steady if dark adapted
What are some tests for EF?
- Brock Givner after image
- Haidinger brushes
Haidinger brush viewed with OD - sees brush 1cm to the right standing 20cm away?
5PD temporal EF OD steady
How does the Haidinger brushes work?
- Foveal tag procedure
- Diffraction of Henle's Fibre Layer - see brush/propeller
Disad of Haidinger's brushes?
- Sometimes they arent able to see the brushes
- subjective - patients need to be old enough to respond with answers
When are EF tests indicated? Entopic?
- ONLY when VA is decreased
- entopic - only if px >7yo and visuoscopy failed - too unsteady
Brock Givner - looking with OD (OS was zapped) sees vert line 1.6cm to the left of dot standing 40cm?
4PD nasal EF of OD - steady
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview