BV 9 - MT and IST
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the key features of MT?
- Manifest angle <10PD
- central foveal suppression of deviating eye
- Reduced stereo- present but <40sec of arc
What are associations of MT?
EF and anisometropia
Manifest angle with MT?
- UCT: usually small
- ACT: HUGE angle after prolonged occlusion
What is the simultaneous CT?
- It measures the manifest strab with a latent component
- Prism: deviating eye
- Occluder: fixation eye
- Add prism til no eye movement
How to detect foveal suppression in MT?
- 4BO test
- bagolini- lines missing
Management of MT?
- rule out pathology
- improve VA of amb eye- use little occlusion as can increase angle - from latent to manifest
- maintain VA
- Primary deviation
- 50% have >+2D- non accommodative
- usually >30PD
- same mag at all dx
- Magnitude is constant (usually AC)
What are some assocations of IST?
- amblyopia if one eye
- cross fication- switch eyes in diff gazes
- latent nystagmus
- overacting IO
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview