Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does having instructional control mean?
- - Child will willingly go to the learning area
- - Child will willingly sit and engage in instruction
- - Child will wait to begin
- - Child will attend
- - Child will return materials upon request
- - Child will follow directions
- - Child is willing to transition to next task
What are some positive ways to gain instructional control?
- - When a child attempts to escape place complete restriction on all sources of reinforcement
- - Only give SD when the child shows interest in responding
- - During escape all other behaviors are ignored - Reinforce behaviors over task completion
Name 5 of the 8 steps to gaining instructional control:
- 1. Structured environment
- 2. Show the child that you are in control of all reinforcement
- 3. Show the child you are fun
- 4. Establish reinforcement that is contingent
- 5. Initially give simple, easy, directions to follow
- 6. Give consistent reinforcement
- 7. Know priorities, "Ready to Learn Behaviors"
- 8. Show the child that if they misbehave they will get little reinforcement. Give mini consequences and create consequences that get worse.
What is a structured environment?
- 1. Set schedule with no time
- 2. Structured systematic curriculum
- 3. Activities are well planed, materials are ready to go
How do you make reinforcement contingent?
- - Tell the child what they are be reinforced for (nice looking)
- - Present the reinforcer immediately after the behavior
- - Consistently link behavior and reinforcement over time
What factors are important when assessing effort vs payoff?
- Working hard to the receive the reinforcement must be more fun then doing nothing
- If work is to hard or dull then the work isn't worth the effort
- If the reinforcement is too little or too slow the payoff might not be worth it
- If work is fast paced, appropriately challenging and interesting then the student will be willing to participate
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview