The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What causes Autism?
- Environmental toxins
What are three deficit areas of autism?
- 1.) Impaired communication
- 2.) Lack of reciprocal interaction
- 3.) Stereotypical patterns of behavior
What guidelines do clinicians generally use to diagnose autism?
What are problems typically faced by parents who have children with autism?
- - Potty problems
- - eating issues
- - sleeping issues
- - poor self help skills
- - poor concept of danger
That are some common problems children with autism have at school
- Inability to follow directions.
- Inability to communicate wants and needs
- Fail to understand rules and social norms
- Lack of interest in social activies
Name three interventions that have been found effective in a school setting?
- ABA Training
- Peer training
- Set Schedule
- computer instruction