The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Five levels of emergency triage in descending order of severity.
Primary survey ABCD method. (Pellico p.1439)
- Establish patent AIRWAY
- Provide ventilation (BREATHING)
- Eval & restore CO: control hemorrhage, prevent/treat shock, maintain/restore CIRCULATION, prevent/treat hypothermia
- Determine neuro DISABILITY (GCS)
NEVER use what with corrosive poisons?
Syrup of ipecac to induce vomiting
What does the color RED mean for triage category during a mass casualty incident?
- life-threatening injuries but survivable with minimal intervention.
- -sucking chest wound
- hemothorax, tension pneumothorax
- unstable chest & ab wounds
- incomplete amputations
- open long bone fractures
- 2nd-3rd degree burns 15%-40% TBSA
Who provides scene control and collection of forensic evidence in a disaster?
What does the color YELLOW mean for triage category during a mass casualty incident?
- IMMEDIATE; Delayed.
- Sig injuries but can wait hrs.
- -stable ab wounds w/o sig hemorrhage
- soft tissue injuries
- GU disruption
What does the color GREEN mean for triage category during a mass casualty incident?
- URGENT; Minimal.
- Minor injuries, can be delayed hrs to days.
- -upper extremity fractures
- minor burns,
- small lacerations w/o sig bleeding
- psych disturbances
First step in decontamination.
Remove clothing & jewelry & rinse pt with water
Second step in decontamination.
Thorough soap-and-water wash and rinse
Decontamination & treatment for nerve agent exposure.
- Copious amts of soap & water or saline for 8-20 min
- BLOT water, do not wipe off skin
- maintain airway; suction
- atropine IV
_______ is often assiciated with the odor of bitter almonds.