Leipiz period (1723-50) this is a LONG one...
- in 1723 bach became the cantor of St.Thomas school (although church authorities preferred telemann)
- Bach was required to teach singing and latin,inspect schools, and provide music for 4 churches
- In 1729
- he was appointed as director of the collenium musicium a group of university students and musicians who gave regular concerts .while at leipzig . Bach made many journeys often to test and inaugurate new organs. he visited dresden where his son-W.F bach was an organist. while there he was commitioned to write the Goldberg Variation.
- in 1747
- Bach accepted the invitation of king fredrick the great to visit potsdam-Where his second son C.P.E was in the kings service-and after improvising on the various keyboard instruments in the palace. he later composed for the king a famous set of fugues called the Musical Offering in which he included a trio for flute,violin,and keyboard-mindful that the king was a flutist
Bach's last work remained unfinished-which was a set of fugues witten as a treatise on the various ways a fugues would be written called -The Art Of Fugue
- In 1749
- Bach suffered from a stroke which caussed him blindness
- In 1750
- Bach called his son in law tto him and dedicated his last chorale prelude Before thy throne,God,I stand He managed to think out 26 measures but was not finished
Bach passes away on july 28, 1750, and is remembered as one of the greatest composer in the history of music.