Ch. 10 Pysch
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A person's unique and relatively stable behavior patterns.
Personality consists of broad, enduring dispositions that tend to lead to characteristic responses
An enduring personality characteristic that tends to lead to certain behaviors
- -Trait Theorists
- -Biological predisposition
Characteristics shared by most members of a culture
Personal traits that define a person's unique individual qualities
A trait that is so basic that all of a person's activities relate to it
Core traits that characterize an individual personality
Traits that are inconsistent or relatively superficial
Eyesenck's Dimensions of Personality
- Introversion-Extraversion-Quit, unsociable, passive, & careful vs
- -Active, optimistic, sociable, & outgoing
-Calm, even-tempered, carefree, & capable
- -Moody, anxious, restless, & touchy
- the visible areas of personality
- visible or observable traits
- Underlying characteristics of a personality
- Each one is reflected in many surface traits
Five Factor Model of Personality
Proposes that there are five universal dimensions of personality.
- -Neuroticism (emotional stability)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview