anthro final chp 11
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- use of anthropological data, perspectives, theory, and methods to identify, assess, and solve contemporary problems
- considered a 5th subfield
focuses on social issues in, and the cultural dimension of, economic development.
(carryout and guide development policies)
study of diseases & health problems from an anthropological view
disease vs illness
- diseases reflect diet, population density, economy, and social complexity.
- illness may be personalistic, naturalistic, or emotionalistic.
going back again and again
how anthropologists can contribute to understanding medical crises such as Ebola
- community mobilization
- provide culturally-sensitive and appropriate health education
- work with particular groups
over populated have too few resources and cant produce enough food for everyone
notion that hunger is caused by unequal distribution of resources
when questions, theories, and methods are developed by the anthropologist and population in question
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview