Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The audience likes you
- and your message less
- after you present than
- they did before
What are 4 purposes are persuasive?
- – Continuance
- • Encourage audience to keep doing what they are doing
- – Deterrence
- • Discourage listeners from taking an action
- • Start a new behavior
- – Discontinuance
- • Stop a current behavior
What arguments do you use to persuade?
- – A proposition that asserts some course of action
- – Proposition of fact
- – Proposition of policy
- – Proposition of value
Questions that can be asked to test the validity of the evidence in your presentation?
- -Is the evidence consistent with other
- known facts?
- -Would another observer draw the same
- -Does the evidence come from unbiased
-Is the source qualified on this issue?
- -Is the evidence based on typical
- personal experience?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview