Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
describe and give examples of different types of stress
- eustress - positive (workingout, studying, raising children)
- distress - negative (accidents, money, health,)
what are the different types of behavior patterns? describe characteristics.
- Type A - goal oriented, stressed, controlling
- Type B - calm, easy going, less stressed
describe 3 different relaxation techniques and how they are performed
- progressive relaxation- tensing each muscle group for 3 seconds and then relaxing
- meditation- taking quiet time and relaxing the body through mind and body relaxation
- breathing - slow paced breathing through pursed lips
A MET is equivelent to how many ml/kg/min. what does it mean?
- 3.5 milliliters of oxygen per kilogram of body weight per minute
- Metabolic Equivelent that represents the energy used while at rest
What is the key to successful weight management?
- Monitor caloric intake
- avoid automatic eating
- Utilize smart goals - SMART (specific, measurable, acceptable, realistic, time sensitive)
What are smart goals?
- time sensitive
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview