The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Of a period before a war, especially the American Civil War
1. A thing or event that precedes
2. The noun to which a pronoun refers.
Coming before in position or time
Ahead of the times, especially in the arts.
1. The foremost position, especially of an army or fleet.
2. Leaders of a movement, fashion, etc.
A command; a rule of conduct
the belief that what happens in human life has already been determined by some higher power.
To take possession of something before anyone else can do so
A warning in advance
Absurd; contrary to nature or reason
Showy; pompous; claiming unjustified distinction
1. First in time or importance
2. A prime minister or head of state
1. An archbishop or bishop who ranks highest among others.
2. A member of the order of animals that includes monkeys, apes, and humans
1. First in rank, excellence, quality, importance or time.
2. To prepare something or someone for use or action
Belonging to the first ages; ancient
Primeval; original; fundamental
1. Situated behind or at the back
2. The buttocks
1. Future generations
2. A person's descendants
Occurring or continuing after death, especially a work published after the author's death or a child born after the father's death.