Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Follicular cyst?
- Distention of unruptured graafian follicle.
- May be associated with hyperestrogenism and endometrial hyperplasia. Most common ovarian mass in young women
This ovarian cyst is a distention of unruptured graafian follicle.
What causes Theca-lutein cyst and what are they associated with?
- Often bilateral/multiple.
- Due to gonadotropin stimulation. Associated with choriocarcinoma and moles
This ovarian cyst is associated with choriocarcinoma and moles.
What is Hemorrhagic cyst?
Blood vessel rupture in cyst wall. Cyst grows with blood retention; usually self-resolves.
What is Dermoid cyst?
- Mature teratoma.
- Cystic growths filled with various types of tissue such as fat, hair, teeth, bits of bone, and cartilage.
This ovarian cyst is characteristic of growths filled with various types of tissue such as fat, hair, teeth, bits of bone, and cartilage.
Dermoid cyst (mature teratoma)
What is Endometrioid cyst?
Endometriosis within ovary with cyst formation. Varies with menstrual cycle. When filled with dark, reddish-brown blood it is called a chocolate cyst.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview