Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Dysplasia and carcinoma in situ are associated with which viruses and gene product?
- Associated with HPV 16 and HPV 18, which produce both the:
- 1. E6 gene product (inhibits p53 suppressor gene)
- 2. E7 gene product (inhibits RB suppressor gene)
What is the mechanism of the E6 gene product in cervical dysplasia and carcinoma in situ?
inhibits p53 suppressor gene
This gene product of HPV 16 and 18 inhibits p53 suppressor gene.
This gene product of HPV 16 and 18 inhibits RB suppressor gene.
What is the mechanism of the E7 gene product in cervical dysplasia and carcinoma in situ?
inhibits RB suppressor gene
Where are Koilocytes found? Describe what it looks like.
Wrinkled, raisinoid nuclei, some of which have clearing or a perinuclear halo.
What are the complications Invasive carcinoma?
Lateral invasion can block ureters, causing renal failure.
Describe the clinical presentation of Endometriosis.
- Cyclic pelvic pain
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menustration)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Dyschezia (pain with defecation)
- Normal-sized uterus
What is Adenomyosis?
- Extension of endometrial tissue (glandular) into the uterine myometrium.
- Caused by hyperplasia of the basalis layer of the endometrium.
- PRESENTATION: Dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia. Uniformly enlarged, soft, globular uterus
Extension of endometrial tissue (glandular) into the uterine myometrium is?
Adenomyosis- Caused by hyperplasia of the basalis layer of the endometrium.
Uniformly enlarged, soft, globular uterus is characteristic of?
What is Adenomyoma (polyp)?
- Well-circumscribed collection of endometrial tissue within the uterine wall.
- May contain smooth muscle cells.
- Can extend into the endometrial cavity in the form of a polyp.
Whorled pattern of smooth muscle bundles with well-demarcated borders is characteristic of?
Describe a Leiomyoma.
Whorled pattern of smooth muscle bundles with well-demarcated borders.
In this disease, patients present with signs of menopause after puberty but before age 40.
- Premature ovarian failure
- Decreased estrogen, increased FSH and LH
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview