Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Function of respiratory system is?
- Main: gas exchange
- buffering system by maintaining pH
- effects the chemistry of the blood
- defense system
ACE enzyme is?
Angiotensin-converting enzyme that indirectly increases blood pressure by causing blood vessels to constrict. It does that by converting angiotensin I to angiotensin II, which constricts the vessels
main epithelium covering respiratory tube is?
Cells that are mixed in into resperatory epithelial tissue lining are?
- Columnar ciliated cells
- Goblet cells
- Brush cells
- Basel cells
- Granule cells.
Goblet cells are?
- Exocrine cells that secrete mucus onto the epithelial surface, to keep it moist.
- It is sticky andas a consequence it traps dust and any debris that is in the air.
what is the function of cilia in the respiratory tract?
- always moves in one direction away from lungs towards the nose and mouth.
- The cilia swipes the mucus with a trap debris up.
Brush cells are?
- located near the base,
- contained a lot of microvilli.
- Appear to be sensory receptor cells tie into afferent fibers.
sensory receptor cells tie into afferent fibers are?
Basel cells are?
- found near the basement membrane
- they are stem cells, capable of differentiating into another cell type of the respiratory tracts
Granule cells are?
- contain granules that has serotonin, gastrin,
- bombesin - releasing peptide, some calcitonin, caticolomine.
two main component of respiratory system are?
Conducting portion of respiratory system includes?
function of conducting system is to?
function of respiratory system is ?
site of gas exchange
Respiratory system includes
- alvioli duct
- alvioli sacs
common conduit for air food and drink is?
pharynx ( throat)
what vibrate the vocal cords to make sounds?
larynx ( voice box)
Fairly short fibrous tube
Only function is to conduct air
represented by the presence C shaped cartilaginous rings
functions to keep larynx open
Nasal cavity is separated by?
Nasal cavity is composed of what two parts?
most anterior portion of nasal cavity is?
Vestibule ( nose)
Narise are ______________ that are lined with _______________but in posterior region lined with _____________________
- openings of the nose
- stratified squamous non karatinized epithlium
Vestibule is lined with _____________ that are _____________
- Vibrissae hairs
- special sensory receptors.
which glands secrete into vestibule cavity?
when air passes through the vestibule it is?
- warmed up
- filtered by vibrissae
- gets humidified by mucus lining.
what is located behind the interior nostrils and separated by the septum?
how many plates of bones are in each fassae?
the 3 bones of fassae are? and have a name ___?
middle and inferior bones of fasae a lined with?
which conchae is lined with olphactory epithilium?
which epithelium detects Oder in the air?
Olfectory cells are _____________cell, that are ____________, and have ___________?
Cilia are not ____________ and this is where
- receptor to a different odorant is
exocrine gland that functions as washing devise, secretes liquid watery secretion and coats the surface is?
and other are located ?
on ether side of Odorent cell
well developed plaxis of small veins in lamina propria of the fassae that alternates in swelling up. when swell sup it occupies the passage way. Prevents excessive desiccation of fassae?
special receptor that detects pheromones , particularely sex attractants, has redused function on humans
spongy cavity that is imbeded into skull bone is?
sinuses a lined with ___________ and ________ cells that produce___________
- pseudostratefied columnar epithilium
- Goblet cells
sinuses are located in:
- Frontal bone ( Larges one)
- Maxila bone
- Ethmoid ( eye orbital)
3 regions of throat area include?
- Naso pharynx
part of the throught that is closes to the nasal cavity is ?
Eustaceann tube is?
- communication device
- functions to equalize pressure
- communicates with middle ear
oro pharynx are found?
near the back of the mouth
Laringio pharynx is found?
right above the larynx
conects pharynx to trachea
conducts air and vocalization
elastic and hyline cartilage are found here
example of elastic cartilage in the larynx
Hyline cartilage in the larynx
function of epiglottis is?
class glotitis during swalowing
vocal cords are?
extention of mucosal lining of the larynx projecting into cavity of the larynx itself.
two sets of vocal cords are?
False cords are
- vestibular cord
- do not vibrate
- covered with stratafied squamous epithilium
true cords are?
- vibrate to make sound
- covered with pseudostratefied columnar epithilium.
fibroelestic tube that has the ability to expand and contract as the air is moving out is known as?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview