Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Define the following types of language:
- Mand - (request) the child wants a banana and says "Banana"
- Verbal Imitation - (repeats) Child sees banana in a book and says "Banana"
(answering questions) "What do Monkeys eat? Child Says "Banana"
Tacts - (label)
What are the first steps in manding? Describe?
Initiation - child reaches for something with no prompt
What are some communication temptations you could use (list 3)
- High value reinforcers
-The reinforcer is with in reach
- Point to, comment on, or use the items to draw attention to them
- Give the child part of the item then for them to initiate (give them a a puzzle but keep two pieces)
What is discrimination training?
Teaching the child to discriminate one picture from another.
If a child is struggling with discrimination what are some alternative strategies you could use (list 3)?
- Place cards apart, place corresponding item directly behind each card
- Use a blank card rather then and nonpreferred item
- Making cards larger
When introducing verbal communication what are the steps (list 4 steps).
- - Any vocal sound
- - Specific sound
- - Word approximation
- - Word
When is phrase speech generally introduced?
When the child is spontaneously saying phrases
When the child has large number of items he can successfully request (20+ words)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview