The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the vision of the CHP
The CHP will continue to be seen as "a recognized leader in law enforcement and emergency incident management" that provides indispensable service to the public
How will Executive Management achieve this vision?
By developing strategic action plans to address seven key issues
What are the seven key issues of the vision?
- Traffic safety and management
- Emergency response
- Service delivery
- State security
- Public relations
- Professional values
- Leadership development
Traffic safety and management
The CHP is dedicated to saving lives through the safe and efficient use of the highway transportation system
The CHP continuously pursues excellence in emergency preparedness, response, and incident management
The CHP is committed to quality service
The CHP is committed to providing security for the public and protecting state assets and infrastructure
The CHP proactively establishes effective community relationships and partnerships to educate and improve our services
The CHP promotes ethical practices through CHP PRIDE (courage, honesty, professionalism, principles, respect, integrity, dedication and esprit de corps)
The CHP empowers and facilitates leadership at all levels through coaching, mentoring, modeling and succession planning to the public
What are the tenants of the badge?
What are the management philosophies?
- Public Responsibility
- Leadership and Innovation
- Organizational Development
- Personnel Development
- Command Accountability
What are the Organizational Values?
- Respect for others
- Ethical practices
- Equitable treatment for all
What are the overriding themes of the Vision Statement?
- - Provide indespensible Safety, Security and Service to the public
- - Persevere through adversity
- - Enhance the essential link between nonuniformed and uniformed employees and promote their well-being
- - Develop future leaders through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
- - Manage departmental risks to strengthen public trust
- - Reaffirm our vision statement