Series65 MOD 5 State Administrator & Oversight
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A document is considered _____ when received by the administrator, not when postmarked.
By ______, the administrator may compel individuals to testify and/or produce records.
Once administrator finds the registered person has violated the Uniform Securities Act, and registered person is suspended, disbarred, or fined this person may:
- appeal the decision within 60 days
- **The order takes effect within 30 days, even if an appeal is pending
If an investigation leads to the state administrator taking disciplinary action against a firm or registered individual, the administrator must:
- Notify the firm/individual of the action taken against them
- Notify the firm/individual of their right to a hearing
- If a hearing is requested, grant the hearing to the firm/individual within 15 days of receiving the request
A ___________ order must indicate that both the violation and stopping it is in the public interest.
- cease and desist (stop)
- Orders of the administrator may be appealed to the courts within 60 days
Persons convicted of willful violation of the act or knowingly filing a fraudulent document under the act may be subject to:
- imprisonment and/or fines for each violation.
- According to the act, states may impose a maximum penalty of 5 yrs in jail and/or a$10,000 fine.
- The statute of limitations is 5 years of the violation.
The civil liability to a client is limited to:
- Restitution (investment losses or damages)
- Reasonable Interest (usually 6%)
a person may be held civilly liable under the act, the statute of limitations is:
3 years from the event, or 2 years from the discovery of wrongdoing, whichever occurs first.
If clients fail to accept the tender offer within _______of the offer, they may lose the right to a civil suit.
A lawsuit could be avoided by:
- a tender of the return of the investor’s funds
- plus legal interest (6% in most states).
- ** the client must still own the securities
CEASE AND DESIST ORDER is a:
request for the court to issue an injunction to stop a person from violating the Uniform Securities Act or from attempting to violate the act
What is the difference between an Injunction and a Cease and Desist Order?
injunction takes effect within 30 days of issue, while a cease and desist order requires the recipient to suspend all business activities immediately.
returning all remaining funds to investors
the return of all assets and may include damages
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview