The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Input consists of...
- stimuli thrown at the body,
- PNS system
- Internal and external stimuli
Integration consists of 4 processes...
Attention can be attended to how many Cognitive tasks and how many Heuristic tasks
- Cognitive: 1
- Heuristic: 2+
Ormrod defined attention as Focused...processing of partial aspect of....
Focused cognitive processing of partial aspect of environment
4 principles of attention:
Types of attention: Which one is needed for motivation?
Selective attention refers to
Attention that is concerned with Personal Interest
Involuntary attention also known as
Reflex response pattern
Determinants to external attention, Internal Determinants..
- Color and loudness
- Completed-System patterns
- Interest, age, personal char, natural tendenies, span, phys-soc. deprivation, fatigue, emotion
Perception develops how long
Perception is primarily based on...
.. .. system interpretation of incoming ..
CNSystem interpretation of incoming stimuli
- Percieve object as unvariying despite change in:
- Color, brightness
- Size, Shape
unconscious interference theory of perceptual constancy
- General size sense about objects: If two objects same retina size, still the further one away will be percieved
- "Mouse smaller than a cat"
Ecological theory of relative size of objects - perceptual constancy
See objects same size att different distance because change in... environment
Imagery is based on what, and is essentially what
Without stimuli: Already perceived, must be remembered!