Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
levels of force
- (1) Verbal Persuasion
- (2) Unarmed Self Defense Techniques
- (3) Chemical Aerosol Irritant Projectors
- (4) MP Club
- (5) Military Working Dogs (IAW AR 190-12)
- (6) Presentation of Deadly Force Capability
- (7) Deadly Force
What are the 3 pillars of the rule of law?
police courts correction
what is a MEVA
Mission Essential Vulnerable Area; ex: power plant, arms room
Diff b/w NIMS and ICS. What is it? When do we use it?
- o NIMS: A comprehensive, national approach to incident management; Flexible framework that:
- -Facilitates working together . . .
- -At any type of incident . . .
- -Regardless of size, location, or complexity
o ICS: Standardized, on-scene, all-hazard Incident Management concept; Meets the needs of incidents of any kind or size
How often does MPDO check on the D Cell?
daily at minimum
what is SARA?
Scanning, Analysis, Response, Assessment (used for problem-oriented policing)
what are the dif types of mwd
- -Patrol Dog (PD) 31B SMs only
- -Patrol Explosive Detector Dog (PEDD) 31B SMs only
- -Patrol Narcotic Detector Dog (PNDD) 31B SMs only
- -Specialized Search Dog (SSD) 18B, 21B, and 31B SMs
- -Mine Detector Dog (MDD)** 21B SMs only
know all the different forms
- o -DD 1920: Alcohol Incident Report
- o -DA 3881: Rights Warning Procedures/ Waiver Certificate
- o -DA 2823: Sworn Statement
- o -DA 4137: Evidence/ Property Custody Document
- o -DA 3975: Military Police Report
what is physical security?
- That part of Army Security System, based on
- threat analysis, concerned with procedures and physical measures
- designed to safeguard personnel, property and operations; to prevent
- unauthorized access to equipment, facilities, material and information,
- and to protect against espionage, sabotage, damage, misuse, theft and
what is a restricted item at custom?
ITEMS THAT CAN BE INTRODUCED INTO CUSTOMS TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES WITH APPROVED DOCUMENTATION.
three parts of an observation?
- Three Parts:
- -Receiving a stimulus
- -Being aware of the stimulus
- -Responding to the stimulus
patterns of violence
- -men: hitting, slapping, pushing, predominately more violent
- -women: Cannot match male in physical strength; When they initiate
- attack or retaliate, do so to the extreme; Commit homicide more often
- than males; Outnumber husbands 2-1 in hitting victim with hard object
- (i.e., lamp, ashtrays, frying pan, etc.)
what is a hate crime?
- committed for the purpose of deterring
- the exercise of any right or privilege under the laws of the
- Constitution of the United States. Generally related to life, liberty,
- or the pursuit of happines
- -Away from Public View
- -Away from Normal Police Operations
- -Preferably supervised by a Police Officer
- -NOT in correctional facilities
- -NOT in the same facility with military offenders or adults.
- -Not prohibited from placing them in detention cells with approval from the Installation Commander
property crime vs crimes against people
- Property: larceny, housebreaking, burglary
- o -Persons: assault, maiming, robbery, murder
- o -sexual assaults are categorized as "sex crimes" rather than "person crimes"
show up for an alarm
- Upon being notified of an alarm:
- -Repeat the message to confirm the alarm and its location.
- -Proceed to the alarmed site safely and quickly using the most direct route.
- -Use emergency equipment IAW local SOP
- -When near the site, notify the desk of your location.
- -NEVER TAKE THE ALARM FOR GRANTED AS BEING FALSE