Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why do we use numerical measures?
- Allows us to make comparisons
- Gives an idea about the main chunk of the data and where the data is located
- Population Mean: μ "mu"
- Sample Mean: y (y w/line on top) "y-bar"
Middle value in a data set when values are put in increasing order
In a Box and Whiskers Plot, when it is skewed to the right...
the mean is greater than the median
In a Box and Whiskers Plot, when it is skewed to the left...
the mean is less than the median
In a Box and Whiskers Plot, when it is about symmetric....
the mean and median are about the same
Five Number Summary includes....
1st Quartile (Q1)
value that has 25% of the data below the median
3rd Quartile (Q3)
value that has 25% of the data above the median
- Also called box and whisker plots
- Presents the 5 number summary in graphical form
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview