you've got me on that one.
cuando te hace una pregunta es como decir
Oh, you've got me on that one.
The phrase 'you've got me on that one'
means the same as 'I don't know'.
para contestar una pregunta, es como decir"no tengo ni idea"
We often use this phrase when after careful thought, we can't answer a question.
- Notice the following:
- Who was the US president after Lincoln? Hmm…you've got me on that one.
- What team won the 1998 world cup?
- Oh, you've got me on that one.
- Jess: So the thing you like most about teaching is when the teaching is finished?
- Tom: Oh, you've got me on that one, yes.