Explain monohybrid inheritance in CF, albinism, thalassaemia, garden pea height and seed morphology.
- CF is caused by a recessive allele.
- Albinism is caused by a recessive allele. - a mutation is the gene that codes for melanin. (no pigmentation in skin)
- Thalassaemia is caused by a recessive allele - a mutation in gene for alpha haemoglobin. (slow haemoglobin production)
- Seed morphology:
- Allele for smooth pea is dominant.
- Allele for wrinkled pea is recessive.
- Pea Height:
- Allele for tall plant is dominant.
- Allele for dwarf plant is recessive.