Bringing Pandas to the Zoo
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What precepts does it stand for?
Scholarship, Finer Womanhood, Service, Sisterly Love
What are the names of the first initiates?
- Arizona Cleaver Stemons,
- Pearl Anna Neal,
- Myrtle Tyler Faithful,
- Fannie Petty Watts
- Viola Tyler Goings
What is their charter day?
May 14 1932
What day were they founded?
January 16 1920 on the campus of Howard University
What did the founders like to refer to themselves as?
The Five Pearls
List the presidents in order.
- Arizona Cleaver Stemons *1920
- Myrtle Tyler Faithful *1921-1922
- Joanna Houston Ransom *1922-1923
- Nellie Buchanan *1923-1925
- Dr. S. Evelyn Lewis *1925-1926
- Ruth Tappe Scruggs * 1926-1930
- Fannie R. Givens *1930-1933
- Violette N. Anderson, Esq. *1933-1937
- Nellie B. Rogers *1937-1939
- Edith Lyons *1939-1940
- Blanche Thompson *1940-1943
- Dr. Lullelia W. Harrison *1943-1948
- Dr. Nancy B. Woolridge McGhee *1948-1953
- Dr. Deborah Cannon P. Wolfe *1953-1965
- Mildred Cater B. Bradham *1965-1970
- Isabel M. Herson *1970-1974
- Dr. Janice G. Kissner *1974-1980
- Dr. Edith V. Francis1980-1986
- Dr. Eunice S. Thomas *1986-1992
- Dr. Jylla Moore Foster Tearte1992-1996
- Dr. Barbara West Carpenter1996-2002
- Barbara C. Moore2002-2008
- Sheryl P. Underwood2008-2012
First 10 members for charter day
- Mary Martin Dansby
- Ruby Washington Anderson
- Ida Lee Bradley
- Susie McMeekin Britt
- Edna Cross Burton
- Ireta Martin Crosby
- Ruth Bates Orr
- Sue Kelker Russell
- Beatrice Hill Stewart
- Anita Prater Stewart
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview