The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Partitution devides ontongeny into a prenatal period and a postnatal period.
The embryonic period begins at fertilization and ends at the end of the eighth week post-conception.
- Embryonic period begins at 3 weeks and ends at 8 weeks. ( 3 weeks-8weeks)
- Fetal period begins when the embryonic period and ends at 38 weeks. ( 9 weeks-38 weeks)
One of the characteristics of humans that complicate the act of childbirth is the relatively large head of the newborn. This is because the
brain does not grow after birth.
The brain grows a lot in the next 2 decades after birth .However , what goes up must come down , and it actually skrinks in the later years of life.
A plane passing through the body that divides the body into equal right and left halves is called:
A developmental increase in mass is called ;
- Morphogenesis - development of form, pattern and structure
- Proliferation- increase in cell number , but not necessarily in size
- Histogenesis- differentiation of cells into tissues
Diversity of form is brought about by :
Differential rates of growth
- Differential rates of growth
Of the following, factors controlling growth is/are:
- Nutritional factors
Specific morphogenic processes include :
Fusion and splitting
- Cell migration
- Fusion and splitting
- Differential growth
- Cell aggregation
Select the best term describing the hand in reference to the arm:
In the adult, it is stated that the thorax is superior to the abdomen. The corresponding term for an embryo is :