Macromolecules and Carbohydrates
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
small organic molecules joined to gether to form larger molecules
long molecule consisting of many similar or identical building blocks linked by covalent bonds
- Includes sugar and their polymers
- Formulas are some multiple of the unit CH2O
- Simplest form: monosaccharides
- Digested into bloodstream as glucose, which is used to fuel our bodies for normal daily activity and exercise
- Malt Sugar
- Formed by joining two glucose molecules
- Table sugar
- formed by joining glucose and fructose
Plants store surplus glucose as....
Animals store surplus glucose as...
What is a major component of the tough wall of plant cells?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview