Two Key Body Systems
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How is maintains homeostasis?
- Distributes nutrients
- Rids body of waste
Helps to maintain cells, tissues and organs of the body that carry out other vital homeostatic functions
- Myocardial infarction
- Heart attack caused by blood clot in a coronary artery
- Decreases blood flow and oxygen to heart muscle, sometimes killing the cells
How does disorder upset homeostasis?
Reduces the ability of the heart to distribute blood throughout the body, which is essential for homestasis
How it maintains homeostasis?
- Regulates concentrations of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood and body tissues
- helps control the pH of blood and tissues
- Supports other homestatic organs
- Infectious disease spread through the air
- If untreated, causes "cavities" to develop in the lungs, which can get infected and turn into abscesses
- can result in difficulty in breathing
How disorder disrupts homeostasis?
Tuberculosis can cause increased difficulty in breathing, which is important in many homeostatic functions
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview