Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Secretion of cellular contents to the outside of the cell by fusion of vesicles to the plasma membrane
- Not always active transport
- Uptake of extracellular material into cell
- Movement of materials out of cell
- used in plants to export cell wall material
- Used in animals to secrete hormones, neurotransmitters, digestive enzymes
Types of Endocytosis
- Receptor-mediated endocytosis
- "Cell eating"
- Happens only in amoebas and macrophage
- "Cell Drinking"
- Taking in fluid to take what is needed in fluid
Receptor Mediated Endocytosis
Particles require binding to receptor protein to be allowed into the cell
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview