The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Secretion of cellular contents to the outside of the cell by fusion of vesicles to the plasma membrane
- Not always active transport
- Uptake of extracellular material into cell
- Movement of materials out of cell
- used in plants to export cell wall material
- Used in animals to secrete hormones, neurotransmitters, digestive enzymes
Types of Endocytosis
- Receptor-mediated endocytosis
- "Cell eating"
- Happens only in amoebas and macrophage
- "Cell Drinking"
- Taking in fluid to take what is needed in fluid
Receptor Mediated Endocytosis
Particles require binding to receptor protein to be allowed into the cell