Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1) What do they do?
- 1) Are half of the cells in the CNS that provide support to neurons. They divide throughout life, which can lead to tumors.
- 2)Oligodendrocyte, Astrocyte, Microglia, Ependymal Cells
Provide myelin sheath for CNS neurons
- Regulates composition of extracellular fluid in CNS by removing K+ and neurotransmitters around synapses.
- Stimulates the formation of blood/brain barrier
- Provides glucose
- Macrophage like cells
- Involved in synapse remodeling, plasticity
Line fluid-filled cavaties with in brain & spinal cord regulate production of CF
Like oligodendrocytes, except part of the PNS
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview