mb 230 2-5 fungi-
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
6 Fungal characteristics
- 1) Eukaryotic
- 2) non-motile
- 4) Spore bearing
- 5) cells of chitin
- 6) can be unicellular yeast or multicellular mold.
4 fungal classification groups
- Ascomycota, Basidiomycota, Zygomycota, Deuteromycota.
Yeast is unicellular, or multicellular, or both?
unicellular fungal cell
multicellular mass of fungal cells: fruiting body specialized reproductive multicellular structure (e.g. mushroom).
thread-like strand of cells
wall between chambers
multinucleate protoplasm: several nuclei in a single membrane
4 ways of reproduction of fungus
- 1) binary fission- unicellular, mitosis
- 2) fragmentation-multicellular
- 3) budding-mitosis
- 4) spore formation-mitosis, meosis
type of sexual reproduction of fungus
spore formation-meosis, metosis
is the asexual reproduction of unicellular fungus using mitosis.Duplicates everything inside cell, and undergoes cytokinesis to split cell =2 identical cells
is asexual reproduction of multicellular fungus by breaking off a part of a hapha.
is asexual reproduction using mitosis. Difference is cytokinesis occurs before mitosis =2 identical cells.
is sexual and asexual reproduction using mitosis and meosis. mitosis and cytokinesis occurs twice producing 4 identical cells. Meosis produces 4 different cells.
what is Mycorrhizae's mutualistic relationship with plant
- 1) supplies plant with nutrients from soil and helps absorb water.
- 2) Plant supplies products of photosynthesis.
Ascomycota are ___ fungi
Sac fungi that are sexually reproduced ascospores, with usually 8 spores in a sac.
What's an aspocarp
Fruiting body of fungus you see coming out of the ground.
What's an ascus
Tiny sac that holds the spores
What are ascospores?
are the actual spores from within the ascus.
what are Basidiomycota
They're a club fungi or mushroom that sexually produces basidiospores (Basidium are tiny club shaped spores on the bottom of mushrooms gills).
- -Bosidiucap:fruiting body
- -Bosidium:club from gills that forms bosidiospores.
- -Bosidiospores: are the spores themselves.
what are lichen?
- Community of fungus and photosynthetic microbes.
- -provides protection and forms structure.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview