The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is confounding bias?
Part of the exposure-disease relationship can be explained by another variable.
Matching helps to control which type of bias?
- Confounding bias
- Matching- Use groups that have similar distribution in accordance with the variables (gender, race, age, smoking status)
Describe the pathogenesis and clinical presentation of a gallstone ileus.
- 1. Gallstone obstructs cystic duct
- 2. This causes a fistula to be created between the gallbladder and small intestine.
- 3. Gallstone passes through the fistula and becomes lodged in ileocecal valve.
- 4. Intestinal gas backs up into the gallbladder and biliary tree.