Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
-what does the acronym stand for
HELLP: Hemolysis, Elevated Liver enzymes, Low Platelets
HELLP is a variant chronic hypertension with superimposed eclampsia.Hematologic abnormalities exist withsever gestational hypertension
- H( resulting in anemia or jaundice)
- EL(resulting in ALT levels, epigastric pains, nausea and vomiting.
- LP( resulting in thrombocytopenia, abnormal bleeding and clotting time, bleeding gums, petechiae and possibly DIC)
implantation of fertilized ovum outside the uterus
Criteria for Preclampsia review pg 260 table 13-4
epigastric pain, BP elevation, proteinuria,oliguria, vertebral or visual disturbances, impaired liver function, thrombocytopenina, pulmonary signs, Development of HELLP Sydrome
causes of spontaneous abortion
- genetic defects
- defective implantation uterine fibroids
- maternal factor or chronic conditions
- deficiencies or abnormalities in reproductive system
the use of sutures to close an incompetent cervix to prevent it from opening as growing fetus presses against it
spontaneous abortion is called a ___.
what drug is givin to stop cell division in an ectopic pregnancy
-precautions of drug
- photosensitivity so limit sun exposure, and avoid alcohol use with it
does DIC occur as a primary or secondary disorder
secondary to a previous complication
DIC occurs secondary to the the following conditions
- abruption placentae
- retained dead fetus
- hemorrhagic shock
- septic abortion
- gestational hypertension
this drug is contradicted in DIC
WHICH TYPE HYPERTENSION AM I?
BP exceeding 140/90 without protein uria. this hypertension start after 20th week of pregnancy, BP usually returns to normal 6 weeks postpartum
WHICH TYPE OF HYPERTENSION AMI I?
GH without proteinuria, there is a gradual loss of angiotensin II resulting in vasospasms
WHICH TYPE OF HYPERTENSON AM I?
High BP before pregnancy or before 20th week of pregnancy, hypertension usually last more than 42 days postpartum
WHICH TYPE OF HYPERTENSION AM I?
Occurrence of proteinuria or occurrence of thrombocytopenia and increased liver enzymes
preeclampsia with superimposed chronic hypertension
preganacy in women with H should not go beyond __ weeks gestation bc of risk of ___ insufficiency.
nursing interventions for mild -moderate GH
assess BP, restrict activity frequent rest periods, weigh pt in morning with empty bladder, assess FHR and deep tendon reflex
systolic increase of30 mm hg and a diastolic increase of __ mm Hg above baseline places woman in high risk category
this drug is given to parentally to prevent seizures to woman with GH and what s/s should u watch out for
- magnesium Sulfate- watch out for deep tendon reflex ad resp less than 12
- calcium gluconate
what is hyperemesis gravidarum and what is the fetus at risk for if condition persist
- excessive vomiting during pregnancy
- fetus at risk for IUGR replace fluid and electrolytes, weight monitoring PPI's and anti emetics with regards to pregnancy risk categories