Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the characteristics of offense?
- surprise, tempo, concentration,
- and audacity
what is audacity?
Audacity is a simple plan of action, boldly executed
what are the 4 types of offensive operations?
movement to contact (MTC), attack, exploitation, and pursuit
what are the different types of maneuver?
envelopment, turning movement, infiltration, penetration, frontal attack
what is an envelopment?
- which an attacking force seeks to avoid the principal enemy's
- defenses by seizing objectives to the enemy rear or flank in order to destroy
- him in his current positions
what is a turning movement?
- attacking force avoids the enemy's principal defensive positions
- by seizing objectives to the enemy's rear and causing the enemy to move out of
- his current positions
what is infiltration?
- attacking force moves undetected into or
- through the enemy's main defenses
what is the difference between consolidation and reorganization?
Consolidation is the process of organizing and strengthening a newly captured position so that it can be defended. Reorganization is the actions taken to shift internal resources within a degraded unit to increase its level of combat effectiveness
what does special purpose attacks include?
Ÿ Spoiling attack.
what are the characteristics of defense?
preparation, security, disruption, massing effects, and flexibility
what are the three defensive operations?
area, mobile, retrograde
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview