The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the characteristics of offense?
- surprise, tempo, concentration,
- and audacity
what is audacity?
Audacity is a simple plan of action, boldly executed
what are the 4 types of offensive operations?
movement to contact (MTC), attack, exploitation, and pursuit
what are the different types of maneuver?
envelopment, turning movement, infiltration, penetration, frontal attack
what is an envelopment?
- which an attacking force seeks to avoid the principal enemy's
- defenses by seizing objectives to the enemy rear or flank in order to destroy
- him in his current positions
what is a turning movement?
- attacking force avoids the enemy's principal defensive positions
- by seizing objectives to the enemy's rear and causing the enemy to move out of
- his current positions
what is infiltration?
- attacking force moves undetected into or
- through the enemy's main defenses
what is the difference between consolidation and reorganization?
Consolidation is the process of organizing and strengthening a newly captured position so that it can be defended. Reorganization is the actions taken to shift internal resources within a degraded unit to increase its level of combat effectiveness
what does special purpose attacks include?
Ÿ Spoiling attack.
what are the characteristics of defense?
preparation, security, disruption, massing effects, and flexibility
what are the three defensive operations?
area, mobile, retrograde